It is important to us that every customer experiences the same high level of service from us. We therefore will make every effort to accommodate all reasonable requests for assistance from customers seeking to access the services that we offer. To assist us to do this effectively we would be grateful that whenever possible customers contact us in advance to discuss your specific needs.
Our Commitment to Customers
We aim to provide an exemplary and accessible customer service that all our customers can use and benefit from in a manner that respects their dignity and independence and promotes equal opportunity and choice.
Our aim is to provide an inclusive environment and we will make all efforts to remove any physical, sensory and intellectual barriers to disabled people when accessing our services.
This includes a commitment to uphold the spirit and letter of the Disability Discrimination Act, 1995 and we will strive to make all possible reasonable adjustments to make our services accessible to disabled people. This is consistent with our values and our vision of being a business for everyone.
How We Will Achieve This Commitment
Our approach to promoting accessible services is fully supported by the management and has been developed in consultation with the Equality Commission Northern Ireland.
Managers have responsibility for the effective implementation of this policy and we expect all our employees, customers, suppliers and service users to abide by the policy and help to promote and maintain an accessible environment for all. We will promote inclusion by taking the following actions:
- Consider the unique needs of each customer: We will do our best to accommodate any reasonable adjustment requests you may make.
- Take action to make our premises, facilities and services accessible: We will carry out regular assessments to identify potential barriers for disabled customers and make all possible reasonable adjustments to remove or minimise any barriers identified.
- Strive to meet best practice standards for access and inclusion. Our approach will be informed by best practice guidance promoting accessibility.
- Train our Staff: During induction all staff will be made aware of this policy and our commitment to accommodating reasonable adjustment requests.
- Provide accessible web content: Our website will conform to the World Wide Web Consortium Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 and British Standard BS 8878 Web Accessibility Code of Practice.
- Provide auxiliary aids and assistive technology: Where reasonably possible we will provide assistive technology to make our service easier to access. This may include installing induction loops to our service counters, providing audible signage, large print price lists or menus and magnifying glasses as required.
- Welcome assistance dogs: We will provide a bowl of water and place to rest if our customer is going to be with us for a while.
- Carry out effective monitoring and review: We will regularly monitor and review progress in relation to our commitments. We will keep track of how requests for reasonable adjustments from employees and customers are managed.
- Encourage feedback: We will actively engage with customers in order to identify areas that require change and encourage service improvements.