- 4/6 people
- 60 mins
Hands up who loves chorizo?
Hands up who loves sourdough bread?
Hands up who loves cheese?
Hands still up? Then this warming bake is the perfect meal for you! It’s also a great way to use left over sourdough – cutting down on food waste. Perfect!
- 350g of Sourdough Bread – Cut into cubes of roughly one inch
- 2tbsp Melted Abernethy Butter
- 90g Abernethy Butter
- 2tbsp Cais Na Tire – Grated ( or other hard Irish cheese )
- 3 Medium Leeks – Roughly cut into rings
- 100g Irish Chorizo – finely cut
- 2 Local Apples – cored & cubed
- 200mls Vegetable Stock
- 2 Medium Free Range Eggs
- Preheat oven to 180c
- Pop sourdough cubes into a large bowl w/ the 4tbsp of melted butter. Toss to coat
- Spread the sourdough cubes over 2/3 baking trays, and sprinkle with Cais Na Tire
- Bake sourdough cubes in the oven for approx 15mins, or until lightly browned
- Once done, remove from oven and return to bowl.
- Leave oven on at 180c
- Meanwhile – Melt the 90g of butter in a deep frying pan, or oven proof dish – before adding the leeks
- Fry gently for around 10mins until softened
- Add chorizo & apples & fry on a high heat for approx 3mins or until the chorizo releases its oils
- Removed from the heat and add in the sourdough cubes.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk the stock with the eggs and pour over the sourdough cubes mix; mix thoroughly
- Cover and bake for 15 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with cheese and bake until crisp, about 15 minutes
- Serve straight away!