- 2 people
- 15 mins
There is one problem with pancakes. I ALWAYS find myself wanting more. Or, best case scenario, wanting lunch early. They just never seem to fend of hunger for long enough.
That is these hearty oatmeal pancakes come in!
They look like regular pancakes. They taste somewhere similar to regular pancakes. Only there is one important difference. These are HEARTY oatmeal pancakes. Full of slow releasing oat based goodness, with a little extra bite! What’s not to love.
- 1 Cup Oats
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- 1 Medium Free Range Egg
- 1/4 Cup Plain Flour
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Melted Butter
- 1&1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- A Pinch of Salt
- Combine Oats and Milk. Leave to sit for 4/5 Minutes. This softens the oats, and maintains a soft texture for your pancakes.
- Add all other ingredients and mix well. The mix may seem thin, don’t panic!
- Heat your griddle pan ( or frying pan ) to a medium / high heat.
- Once hot, lightly brush with oil / butter and dollop approx 1/4 cup, or whatever size you wish, blobs of mixture onto your pan.
- Once little bubbles begin to appear on the top side of the pancakes, flip and cook until the bottom is golden-brown. Probably about 5 minutes total. I find it’s best to cook them slowly, so they cook right through!
- Wipe the pan with a cloth before griddling the next pancake. Continue with the rest of the batter.
- These can be served straight away, kept warm in the over, or reheated the next day.