- 2 people
- 15 mins
Ballyhornan is barely 12miles away from Indie Füde and alongside their superb range of fresh fish. They also produce some incredible smoked fish and cheese. The hot smoked salmon is often top of my shopping list. And is perfectly complemented in this dish with Broighter Gold Rapeseed Oil, Mic’s Sweet Chilli Sauce & 15 Fields Cheddar.
Lots of fabulous local produce combined in one tasty meal, what’s not to love?
4tbsp Mic’s Sweet Chilli Sauce
2tbsp Broighter Gold Rapeseed Oil
160g ( 1 Pack ) Ballyhornan Hot Smoked Salmon ( also works well with smoked salmon )
Approx 30g 15 Fields Cheddar
200g of your favourite pasta ( we use whole wheat )
150g Mangetout ( or your favourite green veg )
Juice of Half a Lemon
- Put a pan of water on the hob and bring to a boil. Once boiled add pasta and cook to package instructions.
- While your pasta is cooking, use two forks to delicately remove the hot smoked salmon from its skin.
- Once the pasta is cooked to your liking, strain and return to pan. Turn your hob down to a low heat and weight to cool before placing the pan back on the hob.
- Add your Broighter Gold, Mic’s Sweet Chilli Sauce and juice from 1/2 lemon to the pan, followed by the mangetout. Stir to combine. Cover and leave for approx 3 minutes.
- Add the hot smoked salmon to the pan and gently stir to combine. Be careful not to break the salmon up too much. Bigger chunks are better! Cover and leave for a further 3 minutes to warm through.
- Garnish with slithers of 15 Fields Cheddar.